The boot camp is a 5 day practical training about IT security for Bachelor and Master students.
During the boot camp you will learn how to attack systems, find security misconfiguration, and how to abuse them. In the second part of the training, you will learn how to figure out what happened on an infected infrastructure and perform basic investigative steps. To gain more hands-on experience, you'll have access to a cloud-based lab environment, where you can actually perform attacks yourself and also find traces of malicious activities.
What will you learn
From the attacker's perspective:
- Reconnaissance (e.g. OSINT)
- Initial Access
- Execution & Discovery
- Local Privilege Escalation
- Lateral Movement (e.g. Active Directory)
- Exercise practical attacks on the Compass dedicated lab
From the defender's perspective:
- Enterprise-Wide Forensics & Incident Response with Velociraptor
- Basic countermeasure to be applied during an incident
- Know-how exchange between other students and teachers
- Gain insights regarding real cases and problems from our daily job
- Access to our training platform (Hacking-Lab)
- Access to our cloud training infrastructure (one separate lab per participant)
- Free snacks and coffee
- Free lunch
- Free beer
- Be passionate about IT security
- Be a Bachelor's/Master's student in information technology, electrical engineering, maths, or physics with relevant specialization subjects in cyber
- Bring your own laptop. Everything is browser-based, you don't have to install any tools
|Date||September 9 - 13, 2024|
09.00 - 16.00
|Location||Compass Security, Josefstrasse 53, 8005 Zurich|
|Costs||The boot camp incl. the benefits are free of charge. |
Costs for travel and accommodation are to be covered by the participants.
|Registration||Registration deadline: July 31, 2024. The number of seats is limited.|
How can you join?
- First, send an email to hr(at)compass-security.com with your CV and few sentences about what makes you passionate about security.
- We will evaluate your profile (background, faculty, program and specialization subjects, part-time/full-time study, planned graduation year)
- We will confirm your participation
- Enjoy the summer
- Join the Compass Security boot camp in September