Who are we?
Compass Security is a Swiss company with over 70 employees in Switzerland, Germany, and Canada. Founded in 1999, Compass Security has developed into a technically outstanding and globally recognized IT security company. In addition to traditional security consulting services such as penetration testing, red-teaming and incident response, the portfolio also includes the cyber range of Hacking-Lab AG
Compass Security Cyber Defense AG is a subsidiary of Compass Security and is responsible for the development, operation and monitoring of all IT services of Compass Security and Hacking-Lab.
Compass Security Cyber Defense AG is looking for
Team Leader System Engineering
for Zurich, Bern, Basel or Rapperswil-Jona
As a Team Leader of the System Engineering/System Administration team, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating a group of currently three System Engineers. Your tasks include:
- Create an optimal working environment for the team to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Prioritize, plan, coordinate, and monitor system administration activities as well as system improvements and optimizations (Jira tickets).
- Document Operations and Innovations processes and system landscape. Creation of play-books.
- Ensure availability, integrity, and security of IT infrastructure.
- Identify and resolve system administration issues and take proactive measures to prevent disruptions.
- Analyze, design, evaluate and implement new and secure IT solutions and innovations.
- Work closely with other departments to understand IT requirements and provide solutions.
- Mentoring and developing team members through training and coaching.
- Conduct performance reviews and feedback.
- Prepare reports for the attention of management (budget, performance, solved tickets, ...).
You have a degree in a technical field (ETH, Uni, FH) and have several years of professional experience and in-depth knowledge as a system engineer, system administrator, IT architect, network administrator or DevOps engineer.
- Proven leadership experience managing IT teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and teamwork skills.
- You enjoy working on challenging projects, together with other Engineers.
- You have several years of experience in system administration.
- Strong knowledge of system architecture, networks, and security.
- Experience in implementing IT best practices and standards.
- You have a good command of German or English.
- You have an impeccable reputation.
What do we offer?
- A motivated, agile team and flat hierarchies.
- You can deepen your knowledge in various areas of IT and IT security through research and exchange with our experienced employees.
- An attractive, modern equipped workplace and the possibility for home office.
- Flexible working hours and cool team events.
- We support you with targeted further training, individually or in a team, internally and externally.
- CentOS, RHEL, Docker, Traefik, NGINX, Apache, vCenter, Synology
- FortiGate und Mikrotik, Windows 10/11 Workstations
- M365 Services (Mail, Teams, Forms, …)
- Azure Tools, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, GitLab Services (Cloud and On-Premise)
- Icinga Monitoring, Veeam Backup, Aruba Solutions
Are you interested?
Send us your application documents as PDF to hr(at)compass-security.com.
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae including picture
- Letter of reference, references
- Education and training certificates
Compass Security Cyber Defense AG
We can't consider applications from job agencies.