Date: November 5th, 2019
2 Age Restrictions
3 Right of Modification
4 Principles for the use of the Hacking-Lab
The tools demonstrated are dangerous. It is only allowed to use the tools inside the lab, any application outside the Hacking Lab may result in serious consequences and is therefore prohibited. The tools must not be removed from the lab in any way, for example by saving them on data storage mediums or by direct electronic transmission.
5 Rules of Online Conduct
You agree to use the Sites in accordance with all applicable laws. Further, you agree that you will not use the Site for organized partisan political activities. You further agree that you will not e-mail or post any of the following content("Prohibited Content")anywhere on the Site, or on any other Hacking-Lab computing resources:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities, or encourages others to commit such activities
- Content that infringes or misappropriates another's intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets
- Content that you do not have the right to disclose under contractual confidentiality obligations or fiduciary duties
- Material that contains obscene (i. e. pornographic) language or images
- Advertising, promotional materials, or any form of commercial solicitation
- Content that otherwise harms other users or visitors to the Sites
- Content that is otherwise unlawful or that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law.
Although Hacking-Lab does not routinely screen or monitor content posted by users to the Site, Hacking-Lab reserves the right to remove Prohibited Content of which it becomes aware, but is under no obligation to do so.
Copyrighted material, including without limitation software, graphics, text, photographs, sound, video and musical recordings, may not be placed on the Site without the express permission of the owner of the copyright in the material, or other legal entitlement to use the material.
In addition, as a condition of accessing the Sites, you agree not to
- use Hacking-Lab's or any Participating Institution's name, trademarks, server or other materials in connection with, or to transmit, any unsolicited communications or emails;
- use any high-volume, automated or electronic means to access the Sites (including without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts or web-scraping tools);
- frame the Sites, place pop-up windows over its pages or otherwise affect the display of its page; or
- interfere with or disrupt the Sites or servers or networks connected to the Sites, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Sites.
Finally, you agree that you will not access or attempt to access any other user's account, or misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Sites.
The knowledge imparted by Security Competence must under no circumstances be used to commit unlawful acts(in particular acts prohibited according to Swiss Criminal Code, para 143, 143bis and 144bis).
6 User Accounts
In order to fully participate in all Site activities, you must register for a personal account on the Site (a "User Account")by providing an email address and a password for your User Account. You agree that you will never divulge or share access or access information to your User Account with any third party for any reason.
You understand that any personal information you submit to Hacking-Lab on the Sites will be treated by Hacking-Lab in the manner described in the Privacy-Policy.
8 Online Course and Certifications
The Sites will, from time to time, offer Online Courses in a specific area of study or on a particular topic (an "Online Course"). Hacking-Lab and the instructors of the Online Courses reserve the right to cancel, interrupt or reschedule any Online Course or modify its content as well as the point value or weight of any assignment, exam or other evaluation of progress. Online Courses offered are subject to the Disclaimer of Warranties/Limitation of Liabilities section below.
For some courses, subject to your satisfactory performance in the Online Course as determined in the sole discretion of the instructors and the Participating Institutions, you may be awarded a statement acknowledging your completion of the class("Letter of Completion"). This Letter of Completion, if provided to you, would be from Hacking-Lab and/or from the instructors. You acknowledge that the Letter of Completion, if provided to you, may not be affiliated with Hacking-Lab or any partners of Hacking-Lab. Further, Hacking-Lab offers the right to offer or not offer any such Letter of Completion for a class. You acknowledge that the Letter of Completion, and Hacking-Lab's Online Courses, will not stand in the place of a course taken at an accredited institution, and do not convey academic credit. You acknowledge that neither the instructors of any Online Course nor the associated Participating Institutions will be involved in any attempts to get the course recognized by any educational or accredited institution. The format of the Letter of Completion will be determined at the discretion of Hacking-Lab and the instructors, and may vary by class in terms of formatting, e. g. , whether or not it reports your detailed scores or grades in the class, and in other ways.
9 Disclaimer of Student-University Relationship
- establishes any relationship between you and any university or other educational institution with which Hacking-Lab may be affiliated,
- enrolls or registers you in any university or other educational institution, or in any course offered by any university or other educational institution, or
- entitles you to access or use the resources of any university or other educational institution beyond the Online Courses provided by the Sites.
10 Permission to Use Materials
All content or other materials available on the Sites, including but not limited to code, images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, audio and video clips, HTML files and other content are the property of Hacking-Lab and/or its affiliates or licensors and are protected by copyright, patent and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights under the Hacking-Lab and foreign laws. In consideration for your agreement to the terms and conditions contained here, Hacking-Lab grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Sites. You may download material from the Sites only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any material, nor may you modify or create derivatives works of the material. The burden of determining that your use of any information, software or any other content on the Site is permissible rests with you.
11 User Material Submission
The Sites may provide you with the ability to upload certain information, text, or materials, including without limitation, any information, text or materials you post on the Sites' public forums ("User Content").
- you have all necessary rights, licenses and/or clearances to provide and use User Content and permit Hacking-Lab and the Participating Institutions to use such User Content as provided above;
- such User Content is accurate and reasonably complete;
- as between you and Hacking-Lab, you shall be responsible for the payment of any third party fees related to the provision and use of such User Content and
- such User Content does not and will not infringe or misappropriate any third party rights(including without limitation privacy, publicity, intellectual property and any other proprietary rights, such as copyright, trademark and patent rights)or constitute a fraudulent statement or misrepresentation or unfair business practice.
The Sites may also provide you with ability to upload or send information to Hacking-Lab regarding the Sites or related services("Feedback"). By submitting the Feedback, you hereby grant Hacking-Lab and the Participating Institutions an irrevocable license to use, disclose, reproduce, distribute, sublicense, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform and publicly display any such submission.
12 User Solutions
Hacking-Lab is investing a lot of time with the development of new security challenges. Therefore it is not allowed to disclose challenge solutions or challenge hints(spoiler).
13 Links to Other Sites
The Sites may include hyperlinks to sites maintained or controlled by others. Neither Hacking-Lab nor the Participating Institutions are responsible for nor do they routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these sites.
14 Disclaimer of Warranty/Limitation of Liabilities
The Sites and any information, products or services therein are provided"as is"without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Hacking-Lab and its Participating Institutions, their instructors and their staff("the Hacking-Lab parties")do not warrant, and hereby disclaim any warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any Online Courses, Site, information obtained from a Site, or link to a Site.
The Hacking-Lab parties do not warrant that Sites will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that Sites are free of viruses or other harmful components. Without limiting the foregoing, the Hacking-Lab parties do not warrant that
- the Online Courses or Sites will meet your requirements or expectations or achieve the intended purposes,
- the Online Courses or Sites will not experience outages or otherwise be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free
- the information or services obtained through or from the Online Courses or Sites will be accurate, complete, current, error-free, completely secure or reliable, or
- that defects in or on the Online Courses or Sites will be corrected.
None of the Hacking-Lab parties make any representation regarding your ability to transmit and receive information from or through the Sites, and you agree and acknowledge that your ability to access the Online Courses and Sites may be impaired. The Hacking-Lab parties disclaim and all liability resulting from or related to such events or the access or use of the Online Courses or Sites or any information or services related to them.
You acknowledge and agree that any access to or use of the Online Courses and Sites or such information or services is at your own risk.
You acknowledge and agree that the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth in this terms of service reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between you and the Hacking-Lab parties, and that these limitations are an essential basis to Hacking-Lab's ability to make the Hacking-Lab Sites available to you on an economically feasible basis.
You agree that any cause of action related to the Hacking-Lab Sites must commence within one(1)year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
15 Copyright Policy
If you believe in good faith that materials on the Hacking-Lab Sites infringe your copyright, you(or your agent)may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed(or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Hacking-Lab to locate the material on the Site;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address(if available)of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to:
Security Competence GmbH, Werkstrasse 20, CH-8645 Jona (Switzerland)
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Hacking-Lab and the Participating Institutions, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and assignees, including the instructors of the Participating Institutions, from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses and damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, made by any third party relating to or arising out of
- your violation of any law or rights of any third party, or
- information that you post or otherwise make available on the Sites or through the Online Course, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
Sites may include forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post entries on a wide range of topics. Neither the User Content(as defined below)on these Sites, nor any links to other websites, are screened, moderated, approved, reviewed or endorsed by Hacking-Lab or its participating institutions. By posting to or viewing such forums, you agree that neither Hacking-Lab nor any of its participating institutions are responsible or liable for the content of any postings therein. Hacking-Lab reserves the right(but not the obligation)to remove any content from such forums in its discretion
18 Termination Rights
19 Choice of Law/Forum Selection
The exclusive place of jurisdiction for disputes arising is Rapperswil-Jona, Canton of St Gallen (Switzerland).