Get to know the most important security risks (OWASP Mobile Top 10) of mobile apps with the aid of intentionally vulnerable mobile apps for iPhone and Android. After an introduction into the security architecture of Android and iOS, you will be guided through various application vulnerabilities and the corresponding countermeasures. After the course you will be in a position to apply what you have learned to your company's mobile application projects and will gain the competence for secure development and evaluation (self-assessment) of mobile apps
Demarcation: The seminar is differentiated from the subject of MDM (Mobile Device Management) and focuses on the (in-)secure development of apps.
- Introduction to the subject of Secure Mobile Coding
- OWASP Mobile Security Top 10
- Introduction to the laboratory environment
- Overview of security architecture
- Android Security
- iOS Security Framework
- Secure transmission of app data
- Network analysis, Man-in-the-Middle
- SSL Trust with expanded validation
- Secure storage of sensitive app data
- Encryption of data
- Pitfalls when saving data
- Encryption management
- Secure Programming
- User input, indexing, field completion
- Efficient data encryption
- Backup & Restore
- Logging & Auditing & Memory Management
- Malware & Jailbreak, Rooting
- Jailbreak & Jailbreak detection
- Effective protection against malware
- Advanced App Analysis
- Reverse engineering
- Static and dynamic analysis
- Source code analysis
- Code obfuscation
The exercises will be done on www.hacking-lab.com.
Developers of iPhone and Android applications and those who are responsible for security and want to learn the current mobile threats.
- Knowledge of programming not necessary
- Good understanding of mobile devices advantageous
- Ability to read and understand source code
The course is conducted in the German language.
CHF 2'300.00 plus MwSt.
CHF 1'950.00 plus MwSt. for members of ISSS
Location and Course Hours
Our courses last form 9.15 to 17.15 with lunch from 12.15 to 13.30 and additional breaks.
Please contact +41 44 455 64 14 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Early registration is recommended. We usually decide 4 weeks before the start on whether we could hold the course or not.