The boot camp is a 5 day practical training about IT security for Bachelor and Master students.
During the boot camp you will learn how to attack systems, find security misconfiguration, and how to abuse them. In the second part of the training, you will learn how to figure out what happened on an infected infrastructure and perform basic investigative steps. To gain more hands-on experience, you'll have access to a cloud-based lab environment, where you can actually perform attacks yourself and also find traces of malicious activities.
On the last day, you will be able to dive into other security topics as well, such as web or Linux security in the form of various CTF challenges from our collection.
What you will learn
From the attacker's perspective:
- Reconnaissance (e.g. OSINT)
- Initial Access
- Execution & Discovery
- Local Privilege Escalation
- Lateral Movement (e.g. Active Directory)
- Exercise practical attacks on the Compass dedicated lab
From the defender's perspective:
- Enterprise-Wide Forensics & Incident Response with Velociraptor
- Basic countermeasure to be applied during an incident
- Solve challenges covering many different topics (network, forensic, privilege escalation, Linux, web security, etc.) with the assistance of our teachers
- Know-how exchange between other students and teachers
- Gain insights regarding real cases and problems from our daily job
- Access to our training platform (Hacking-Lab)
- Access to our cloud training infrastructure (one separate lab per participant)
- Free snacks and coffee
- Free lunch
- Free beer
|Date||September 12 - 16, 2022|
09.00 - 16.00
|Location||Compass Security, Josefstrasse 53, 8005 Zurich|
|Costs||The boot camp incl. the benefits are free of charge. |
Costs for travel and accommodation are to be covered by the participants.
|Registration||Registration deadline: August 14, 2022. The number of seats is limited.|
How can you join?
- First, send an email to hr(at)compass-security.com with your CV and few sentences about what makes you passionate about security.
- We will evaluate your profile
- We will confirm your participation
- Enjoy the summer
- Join the Compass Security boot camp in September