Compass Security is an innovative Swiss Company with over 70 employees in Switzerland and Germany, founded in 1999. Compass Security has become a leading, technically outstanding, and globally recognized IT Security Company since its inception. In addition to traditional security consulting services such as penetration testing, red-teaming and incident response, their portfolio also includes a Hacking Lab, offers online cyber security training as well as a CTF practice lab.
Compass Security would like to expand their services to the North American market. Compass Security (Canada), a subsidiary of Compass Security, is therefore looking for a candidate to be at the helm of this new North American subsidiary in the fast-paced cyber security field.
We would like to expand our services to the North American market and are looking for the right person for this mission.
Compass Security Canada (Toronto) is seeking a
Senior Cyber Security Business Development Specialist
You, as the Senior Cyber Security Business Development Specialist, will act as the team leader in Canada for all services generated in Canada and the USA and will have a key role in our organization. You will report directly to the Management Team in Switzerland and to our local CEO in Toronto. You will develop the market in Canada and the USA, generate leads and projects which will initially be processed by our cyber security team in Switzerland.
As cyber security threats continue to evolve, we, initially, need a specialist with the technical skills to drive the business with innovation and expertise. In the second phase of this position, you will start building your own Canadian Cyber Security Team of penetration testers, red-teamers and incident responders.
Your Role will consist of:
- Business Development, including identification of potential clients, building of relationships and presentations of services
- Client acquisition, including an in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Supervision of acquired penetration testing engagements to identify security gaps and eliminate vulnerabilities for clients, including professional threat analysis for potential clients
- Team leadership, including developing, hiring and building a team of security specialists and motivating this team to achieve excellence
- Entrepreneurial acumen is a must, paired with strategic initiative and a robust innovative experience to develop and successfully grow the Canadian business for Compass Security (Canada)
- Liaise closely with the client service team in Europe
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing or related fields paired with in-depth knowledge of information technology, computer science, and/or related IT security background; OR
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related disciplines with demonstrated expertise in Business Management and a demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and the decision-making ability in a fast-paced environment
- Professional certifications like CISSP, OSCP, CISA or similar are recommended.
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber security and the penetration testing market with the desire to expand into a business development role
- In-depth knowledge and experience with industry standards and security frameworks
- Extensive knowledge in cyber risk management frameworks, conducting threat risk assessments, and recommending mitigations to reduce or eliminate identified risks
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, including threats, vulnerabilities, security operations, risk management, and proven a track record of driving security solutions
- Experience in leading teams
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Fluency in English is required and a second language is desirable
- Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or current Canadian work permit
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent persuasive and presentation skills
- Comfortable in a target driven environment
If you are up for a new challenge, please send your resumé with cover letter, education and training certificates, and employment reference letters to email@example.com
Walter Sprenger – Human Resources
Note: We can’t consider applications from job agencies.